Fitness is defined as an ability of a person to execute daily activities efficiently with optimum performance, endurance and strength. A fit human can easily manage his sickness, disease, fatigue and stress.
Fitness can be achieved by losing our body weight by burning more calories in comparison to that calorie we intake in terms of food.
Research shows that regular physical activity and exercise will increase our chances of maintain the body weight so balanced which is called as a fit body.
Health is our true wealth and we should be more familiar about its importance and secrets. We are presenting some excellent idea to maintain our good health for a long and successful life style. Acknowledge the following health tips for a fit body and healthy long life –
- Eat a healthy balanced diet full of good nutrients.
- Habit to use less amount of salt and sugar.
- Reduce intake of harmful fats such as oily food or fast food.
- Avoid use of alcohol and chewing of tobacco products and smoking.
- Be active whole the day and take proper rest.
- Check your blood pressure and blood sugar level regularly.
- Do exercise, work out and yoga on regular basis to keep your body fit, energetic and active.
Exercise is defined as any movement of body organ movements that make muscles to work harder helping in burning of calories. Any type of exercise is good enough to keep your body fit and active.
There are many types of physical activities which are termed as exercises such as cycling, swimming, running, jogging, walking, and dancing, to name a few.
Each type of exercise has its own benefits as they affect to particular body organs.
- Time of doing any exercise is of great consideration otherwise it may result harmful effects with serious injuries. We have to follow the following general guidelines for doing any exercise and work outs.
- At first we have to start exercise for just a few minutes at a time.
- Gradually increase the time of exercise and take it up to at least a half an hour for 5 days in a week to get the full benefits.
- For convenience and manage with other regular work, it can be done in short intervals of 10 to 15 minutes in different spells with a total of 30 minutes a day.
- At later stage when the body adopted for exercise, duration for exercise can gradually increases for longer periods of time and do more strenuous activities.
- However, required time for exercise depends upon the type of exercise. For example – Jogging for 30 minutes a day and walking for 60 minutes are equivalent and give the same results.
Fitness exercise should be chosen that makes our heart and lungs work harder such as walking, cycling, jogging, fitness classes, gym etc. In addition to exercise, we should actively participate in other living activities such as mowing lawn, dancing and playing with kids etc.
For aged people above the age of 45 years or if have any medical issue, it is advised to consult with doctor before doing any exercise or type of activities. First start with light activities such as walking or swimming, which is easy and comfortable for your body. Also start to work at a slow and comfortable speed so to get fit without much straining your body.
Our heart is a muscle and it gets stronger and healthier if we lead to an active life. It is never too late to start exercising and you don’t have to be an athlete. Even a morning walk of 30 minutes a day brings a big change in your life.
Exercise can be classified into following three types –
Aerobic exercise are the activities which leads to raise the frequency of heart beat and breathing but still be able to talk with others. Any expert advice is not compulsory for this activity. Walking, running, jogging, swimming and cycling are called aerobic exercises.
A type of activity in which we stretch our body in a manner which is not a common movement is called stretching. This activity can be done at home without any expert advice. It results in flexibility of our body organs and limbs. Stretch should be done only up to it warmed up the body. Stretch gently that it shouldn’t hurt and cause injury.
This is the most difficult and risky type of activity. It is required to join a fitness club or gym and done under the strict guidance of an expert. It uses weights, resistance bands or your own body weight (yoga, for instance) for this.
There are tremendous benefits of regular exercise, work out and physical involvement in day to day activity regardless of age, sex or physical condition.
Benefits of exercise can be summarized as below –
- Exercise promotes weight loss, burn calories and prevents excess weight gain or obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
- It prevents high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- It boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol i.e. “Good Cholesterol” and decreases “Bad Triglycerides”.
- Regular exercise prevents many health problems such as Stroke, Metabolic syndrome, High blood pressure, Depression, Anxiety, Arthritis etc.
- Physical activity stimulates various brain secretions which results good feelings, relaxed and less anxious.
- Exercise increases blood flow and oxygen levels in the brain which promotes release of brain hormones for development of hippocampus responsible to control memory and learning.
- Exercise enhances our body immune system.
- Staying active reduces the likelihood of developing bone diseases and cancer.